EVENTS & PUBLICATIONS
- Matt Nakachi to present on Audit Preparation in Washington D.C.
- Joel Junker and Matt Nakachi to present on the NAFTA Renegotiations in Portland, OR.
- Matt Nakachi to present on Advanced Classification to the Seattle Customs Brokers Association.
- Matt Nakachi to present on Advanced Tariff Classification to the Los Angeles Customs Brokers Association.
Recent Speaking Events:
- Joel Junker presents to AmCham Canada, NAFTA 2.0 BREAKFAST DISCUSSION, June 13, 2017
- Junker & Nakachi present to the LA Customs Brokers Association, on Fines, Penalties & Forfeitures, October 18, 2016
- Torrance, Joel Junker presents to Canadian Lumber companies on Softwood Lumber Strategies, October 6, 2016
- Joel Junker presents to AmCham Canada in Vancouver on Softwood Lumber Strategies, October 4, 2016
- Joel Junker and Heather Jacobson to present, "Unraveling the Mysteries of Type 03 Entries and New ADD/CVD Enforcement", to the Seattle Customs Brokers Association on September 22, 2016.
- Joel Junker presents, Mysteries of AD/ CVD. Los Angeles Customs Brokers Association, February 17, 2016.
- Matt Nakachi and Joel Junker present on Customs BKIP Program in Long Beach, California, September 30, 2015.
- Matt Nakachi and Joel Junker present on Customs BKIP Program in Portland, Oregon, September 15, 2015.
- Heather Jacobson presents a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) program to the Florida Bar entitled Import 101, January, 2015
- Joel Junker, one of a handful of respected attorneys invited by the Court to speak at the 18th Annual Judicial Conference in Washington DC, December 2014
- Matt Nakachi, Related Party Valuation, American Conference Institute, December 2-3, 2014, San Francisco. (Registration Flyer)
- Advanced Topics in Related Party Valuation, Matt Nakachi; Foreign Trade Association, Long Beach, November 19, 2014.
- 'New Era of Enforcement,' Joel Junker & Matt Nakachi, Portland, September 2014.
- Antidumping & Countervailing Duties, Joel Junker & Matt Nakachi, August, 12, 2014, Seattle, August 2014.
- CBP revisions to FA program: Summary of FA revisions.
Elizabeth Chiavetta (Director Audit; Policy HQ); Junichi Gondai (Auditor SF) and Alexander Ebarle (Asst. Field Director) who presented: Focused Assessment Program Overview and Updates.)
Role of the Broker in Customs Audits, Matt Nakachi, July 9th, 2014, San Francisco (CBFANC), July 2014.
- N. California Attorney Panel, Federal Investigations, CBFANC, Nakachi, May 14, 2014.
- Handling Mergers & Acquisitions in Trade Complaince, Nakachi, Northern California Women in International Trade, May 7, 2014.
- Top Court Cases in Valuation, Northern California Customs Brokers & Freight Forwarders Association, Nakachi, March, 2014.
- Impact of MAP21 and CARB, Nakachi, Los Angeles Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Assn., December 2013.
- M. Nakachi, Contributor, American Bar Association, Customs Year-in-Review (2013).
- Impact of MAP21 and CARB on Brokers and Forwarders, Nakachi, Wesccon Palm Springs, October 2013.
- Update on the Dutiability of Royalties in Transactions with Third-Party Licensors, Nakachi, TechAmerica, Mountain View, September 2013.
- Broker Compliance, Nakachi, CBFANC, San Francisco, February 2013.
- Mr. Nakachi, Contributor, American Bar Association, Customs Year-in-Review (2012) .
- Managing Compliance Risk: Panama FTA, Nakachi, MBITA San Jose, June 2012.
- Broker Compliance, Nakachi, San Diego, October 2012.
- Mr. Nakachi: Editor, American Bar Associations, Customs Year In Review (2011).
- Importing 101, Nakachi, San Francisco, October 2011.
- Update on Valuation: Transfer Pricing, Nakachi, Mountain View, September 2011.
- Many Layers of Compliance, Nakachi, Portland, OR, February 2011.
- Many Layers of Compliance, Nakachi, San Francisco, February 2011.
- Customs Attorney Presentation, Nakachi, San Francisco, October 2011.
- Part 111 Revisions, Nakachi, Palm Springs, 2011.
Legal Articles and Publications
- U.S. Court of International Trade Cases in 2011 in Penalty and Liquidated Damages Collection Actions under 28 U.S.C. §1582, J. Junker, 44 Georgetown Journal of International Law 173 (2012)
- When 'Made in the USA' Gets Sued in California, M. Nakachi, (2012).
- Handling Detentions, Seizures and Redelivery Notices in the United States, North American Free Trade and Investment Report, M. Nakachi, Thompson Reuters (2012).
Oral Arguments at the CAFC
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: Norman G. Jensen v. United States (CAFC Apr. 4, 2012).
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: Canex v. US (CAFC Oct. 14 2011).
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: Millennium Lumber v. United States, CAFC Feb 5, 2009.
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: NuFarm America's v. US (CAFC Dec. 5 2007). Part I.
ABA Customs Handbook
Mr. Nakachi has been invited to serve as lead editor for the Chapter on Entry Processing in the second re-write of the popular ABA Customs Law Handbook for practitioners. That publication is due for publication in 2015.
American Bar Association's Year-in-Review Publication is published in the International Lawyer. Matt Nakachi has been involved in the American Bar Association's YIR publication for many years and in many capacities, from Editor-in-Chief, copy editor, and substantive author:
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2012
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2011
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2010
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2009
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2008
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2007
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2006