Recent Speaking Events:
- Presentation on Expedited Reviews in the ADCVD Softwood lumber Proceedings (Canada, January 2018).
- M. Nakachi to present on Audit Preparation in Washington D.C., December 2017.
- H. Jacobson, presents to the Seattle Customs Brokers Association, on Advanced Classification and Valuation, October, 2017
- M. Nakachi, presents to the Los Angeles Customs Brokers Association, Advanced Tariff Classification, October, 2017.
- J. Junker presents to AmCham Canada, NAFTA 2.0 BREAKFAST DISCUSSION, June 13, 2017
Oral Arguments at the CAFC
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: Norman G. Jensen v. United States (CAFC Apr. 4, 2012).
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: Canex v. US (CAFC Oct. 14 2011).
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: Millennium Lumber v. United States, CAFC Feb 5, 2009.
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: NuFarm America's v. US (CAFC Dec. 5 2007). Part I.
Archived Speaking Events:
- Junker & Nakachi present to the LA Customs Brokers Association, on Fines, Penalties & Forfeitures, October 18, 2016
- Junker presents to Canadian Lumber companies on Softwood Lumber Strategies, October 6, 2016
- Junker presents to AmCham Canada, Softwood Lumber Strategies, Vancouver, October 4, 2016
- J. Junker and H. Jacobson to the Seattle Customs Brokers Association, "Unraveling the Mysteries of Type 03 Entries and New ADD/CVD Enforcement" Seattle, September 22, 2016.
- J. Junker presents to the Los Angeles Customs Brokers Association, Mysteries of AD/ CVD, February 17, 2016.
- M. Nakachi presents on Customs BKIP Program in Long Beach, California, September 30, 2015.
- M. Nakachi presents on Customs BKIP Program in Portland, Oregon, September 15, 2015.
- H. Jacobson presents a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) program to the Florida Bar entitled Import 101, January, 2015
- J. Junker presents at the 18th Annual Judicial Conference in Washington DC, December 2014
- M. Nakachi, presents to the American Conference Institute, Related Party Valuation, December 2-3, 2014, San Francisco. (Registration Flyer)
- M. Matt Nakachi presents to the Foreign Trade Association, Advanced Topics in Related Party Valuation, Long Beach, November 19, 2014.
- M. Nakachi, presents in Portland, on 'New Era of Enforcement, September 2014.
- Antidumping & Countervailing Duties, Joel Junker & Matt Nakachi, August, 12, 2014, Seattle, August 2014.
- CBP revisions to FA program: Summary of FA revisions.
Elizabeth Chiavetta (Director Audit; Policy HQ); Junichi Gondai (Auditor SF) and Alexander Ebarle (Asst. Field Director) who presented: Focused Assessment Program Overview and Updates.)
Role of the Broker in Customs Audits, Matt Nakachi, July 9th, 2014, San Francisco (CBFANC), July 2014.
- Nakachi, Federal Investigations, CBFANC, N. California Attorney Panel, May 14, 2014.
- Handling Mergers & Acquisitions in Trade Complaince, Nakachi, Northern California Women in International Trade, May 7, 2014.
- Top Court Cases in Valuation, Northern California Customs Brokers & Freight Forwarders Association, Nakachi, March, 2014.
- Impact of MAP21 and CARB, Nakachi, Los Angeles Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Assn., December 2013.
- Nakachi, Contributor, American Bar Association, Customs Year-in-Review (2013).
- Impact of MAP21 and CARB on Brokers and Forwarders, Nakachi, Wesccon Palm Springs, October 2013.
- Update on the Dutiability of Royalties in Transactions with Third-Party Licensors, Nakachi, TechAmerica, Mountain View, September 2013.
- Broker Compliance, Nakachi, CBFANC, San Francisco, February 2013.
- Mr. Nakachi, Contributor, American Bar Association, Customs Year-in-Review (2012) .
- Managing Compliance Risk: Panama FTA, Nakachi, MBITA San Jose, June 2012.
- Broker Compliance, Nakachi, San Diego, October 2012.
- Nakachi: Editor, American Bar Associations, Customs Year In Review (2011).
- Importing 101, Nakachi, San Francisco, October 2011.
- Update on Valuation: Transfer Pricing, Nakachi, Mountain View, September 2011.
- Many Layers of Compliance, Nakachi, Portland, OR, February 2011.
- Many Layers of Compliance, Nakachi, San Francisco, February 2011.
- Customs Attorney Presentation, Nakachi, San Francisco, October 2011.
- Part 111 Revisions, Nakachi, WESSCON Palm Springs, 2011.
ABA Customs Handbook
Mr. Nakachi has been invited to serve as lead editor for the Chapter on Entry Processing in the second re-write of the popular ABA Customs Law Handbook for practitioners. That publication is due for publication in 2015.
American Bar Association's Year-in-Review Publication is published in the International Lawyer. Matt Nakachi has been involved in the American Bar Association's YIR publication for over a decade, in many capacities, from Editor-in-Chief, copy editor, and substantive author. With permission from the ABA, we provide a repository of some of those prior out of date summaries:
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2012
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2011
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2010
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2009
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2008
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2007
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2006
Legal Articles and Publications
- U.S. Court of International Trade Cases in 2011 in Penalty and Liquidated Damages Collection Actions under 28 U.S.C. §1582, J. Junker, 44 Georgetown Journal of International Law 173 (2012)
- When 'Made in the USA' Gets Sued in California, M. Nakachi, (2012).
- Handling Detentions, Seizures and Redelivery Notices in the United States, North American Free Trade and Investment Report, M. Nakachi, Thompson Reuters (2012).