- M. Nakachi to present on Audit Preparation in Washington D.C., December 2017.
- H. Jacobson, presents to the Seattle Customs Brokers Association, on Advanced Classification and Valuation, October, 2017
- M. Nakachi, presents to the Los Angeles Customs Brokers Association, Advanced Tariff Classification, October, 2017.
- J. Junker presents to AmCham Canada, NAFTA 2.0 BREAKFAST DISCUSSION, June 13, 2017
- Junker & Nakachi present to the LA Customs Brokers Association, on Fines, Penalties & Forfeitures, October 18, 2016
- Junker presents to Canadian Lumber companies on Softwood Lumber Strategies, October 6, 2016
- Junker presents to AmCham Canada, Softwood Lumber Strategies, Vancouver, October 4, 2016
- J. Junker and H. Jacobson to the Seattle Customs Brokers Association, "Unraveling the Mysteries of Type 03 Entries and New ADD/CVD Enforcement" Seattle, September 22, 2016.
- J. Junker presents to the Los Angeles Customs Brokers Association, Mysteries of AD/ CVD, February 17, 2016.
- M. Nakachi presents on Customs BKIP Program in Long Beach, California, September 30, 2015.
- M. Nakachi presents on Customs BKIP Program in Portland, Oregon, September 15, 2015.
- H. Jacobson presents a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) program to the Florida Bar entitled Import 101, January, 2015
- J. Junker presents at the 18th Annual Judicial Conference in Washington DC, December 2014
- M. Nakachi, presents to the American Conference Institute, Related Party Valuation, December 2-3, 2014, San Francisco. (Registration Flyer)
- M. Matt Nakachi presents to the Foreign Trade Association, Advanced Topics in Related Party Valuation, Long Beach, November 19, 2014.
- M. Nakachi, presents in Portland, on 'New Era of Enforcement, September 2014.
- Antidumping & Countervailing Duties, Joel Junker & Matt Nakachi, August, 12, 2014, Seattle, August 2014.
- CBP revisions to FA program: Summary of FA revisions.
Elizabeth Chiavetta (Director Audit; Policy HQ); Junichi Gondai (Auditor SF) and Alexander Ebarle (Asst. Field Director) who presented: Focused Assessment Program Overview and Updates.)
Role of the Broker in Customs Audits, Matt Nakachi, July 9th, 2014, San Francisco (CBFANC), July 2014.
- Nakachi, Federal Investigations, CBFANC, N. California Attorney Panel, May 14, 2014.
- Handling Mergers & Acquisitions in Trade Complaince, Nakachi, Northern California Women in International Trade, May 7, 2014.
- Top Court Cases in Valuation, Northern California Customs Brokers & Freight Forwarders Association, Nakachi, March, 2014.
- Impact of MAP21 and CARB, Nakachi, Los Angeles Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Assn., December 2013.
- Nakachi, Contributor, American Bar Association, Customs Year-in-Review (2013).
- Impact of MAP21 and CARB on Brokers and Forwarders, Nakachi, Wesccon Palm Springs, October 2013.
- Update on the Dutiability of Royalties in Transactions with Third-Party Licensors, Nakachi, TechAmerica, Mountain View, September 2013.
- Broker Compliance, Nakachi, CBFANC, San Francisco, February 2013.
- Mr. Nakachi, Contributor, American Bar Association, Customs Year-in-Review (2012) .
- Managing Compliance Risk: Panama FTA, Nakachi, MBITA San Jose, June 2012.
- Broker Compliance, Nakachi, San Diego, October 2012.
- Nakachi: Editor, American Bar Associations, Customs Year In Review (2011).
- Importing 101, Nakachi, San Francisco, October 2011.
- Update on Valuation: Transfer Pricing, Nakachi, Mountain View, September 2011.
- Many Layers of Compliance, Nakachi, Portland, OR, February 2011.
- Many Layers of Compliance, Nakachi, San Francisco, February 2011.
- Customs Attorney Presentation, Nakachi, San Francisco, October 2011.
- Part 111 Revisions, Nakachi, WESSCON Palm Springs, 2011.
Legal Articles and Publications
- U.S. Court of International Trade Cases in 2011 in Penalty and Liquidated Damages Collection Actions under 28 U.S.C. §1582, J. Junker, 44 Georgetown Journal of International Law 173 (2012)
- When 'Made in the USA' Gets Sued in California, M. Nakachi, (2012).
- Handling Detentions, Seizures and Redelivery Notices in the United States, North American Free Trade and Investment Report, M. Nakachi, Thompson Reuters (2012).
Oral Arguments at the CAFC
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: Norman G. Jensen v. United States (CAFC Apr. 4, 2012).
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: Canex v. US (CAFC Oct. 14 2011).
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: Millennium Lumber v. United States, CAFC Feb 5, 2009.
- Mr. Junker's Oral Argument: NuFarm America's v. US (CAFC Dec. 5 2007). Part I.
ABA Customs Handbook
Mr. Nakachi has been invited to serve as lead editor for the Chapter on Entry Processing in the second re-write of the popular ABA Customs Law Handbook for practitioners. That publication is due for publication in 2015.
American Bar Association's Year-in-Review Publication is published in the International Lawyer. Matt Nakachi has been involved in the American Bar Association's YIR publication for over a decade, in many capacities, from Editor-in-Chief, copy editor, and substantive author. With premission from teh ABA, we provide a repository of some of those prior out of date summaries:
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2012
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2011
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2010
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2009
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2008
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2007
ABA Customs Law Year-in-Review 2006